SUPER EASY LEMONADE RECIPE
Why it’s awesome: Cold lemonade on a hot summer day is just classic. Anything refreshing on a hot summer’s day is awesome and this one is simple, delicious and very inexpensive to do.
Like many of the fruits and vegetables lemons contain unique compounds that have antioxidant properties. Most interesting for their antibiotic effects. In addition to their unique properties, lemons and limes are an excellent source of vitamin C. Vitamin C travels through the body neutralizing any free radicals with which it comes into contact in the aqueous environments in the body both inside and outside cells. Vitamin C has been shown to be helpful for reducing some of the symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Vitamin C can be helpful for preventing the development and progression of atherosclerosis, high cholesterol and heart disease. Vitamin C is vital for a strong immune system.
Ok enough of that now! Time to make lemonade!
Lemonade Recipe Ingredients & Portions:
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of sugar (really depends on how you like your drinks, sweet? tart?)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice (takes about 4-6 juicy lemons)
- 3 to 4 cups cold water (to dilute your concentrated syrup & juice mix)
Servings: Approx 6
Lemonade Recipe Cook time & Directions:
- Zest 1 or 2 lemons, you can use a zester or simply cut the rinds away from the lemon before you juice them.
- Now bring your 1 cup of water with sugar and lemon zests to a boil. Remove the sauce pan 30 seconds after it started boiling. This will add a touch of bitterness to your juice, and will also make it more refreshing and lemony.
- Juice your lemons until you get 1 cup or a little more doesn’t hurt.
- Let the syrup mixture cool down. Once it has cooled you can mix it with the lemon juice and some ice in a pitcher.
- Now add some water 3-4 cups as per above and taste as you go.Everyone likes their lemonade differently so adjust it to your taste and enjoy