Spinach and Potato Salad: A Perfect Summer Side Dish
Ingredients & Portions:
- A bag of Spinach leaves
- 2 medium sized diced potatoes
- 1 cup of halved mushrooms
- Crumpled feta (as much as you like)
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Servings: As a side, this recipe serves 4 people. As a main course, I would say one person’s big appetite.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Mix
Spinach and Potato Salad Recipe Cook time & Directions:
1. In one tablespoon of olive oil, over medium high heat, fry the mushrooms till all the moisture is gone and set aside.
2. In two tablespoons of olive oil, over medium heat, fry the potatoes for 10 minutes with lid on. Once potatoes are tender, remove heat and turn up heat to medium high in order to brown them. Set aside and cool for ten minutes.
3. Let the crushed garlic sit in the olive oil while waiting for the potatoes to cool down.
4. Mix the spinach, potatoes, mushrooms and olive oil/garlic dressing. Mix in the lemon juice.
5. Add feta.
P.S. If you are having this as a meal, fried pancetta is a great addition to the mix.
P.S.S. If you like spice in your life, you can add chili flakes to the potatoes as they fry.