Love Your Chicken? You Will Love this Recipe
I remember my mother making this recipe once a week and it being my favorite way she prepared chicken. It always came out juicy and tender without the help of sauce or gravy. I decided to try it out because I was expecting a few people over and I needed something quick and easy to make after work. I made my legendary lemon wedged, oven baked potatoes and my classic Dijon-dressing salad to accompany it. Let’s just say it turned out to be one of my greatest feasts yet.
- One whole chicken
- 2 Lemons – just the juice is required
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
One should always remember to buy their chicken at their local butcher!
Servings: One chicken usually feeds around 4-5 people with sides.
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Coat the bottom of your casserole with olive oil.
3. Coat the chicken with lemon juice.
4. Cover the chicken with salt, pepper, and oregano.
5. If you have potatoes, stick them in the casserole with your chicken.
6. Cover and cook for about an hour. Chicken is ready when the meat thermometer is at 180ºF (83ºC).
7. When chicken is ready, turn up the heat to 600ºF and uncover to add a crispy layer on the top.
Once the chicken was ready, I totally stopped taking pictures and started serving the food . This is not the last time I make my mom’s chicken roast. I will update my pictures on my second run at it.