There are days where you just want to indulge in your dirtiest fantasies, right? Like eating KFC with a side order of onions rings and jalapeno poppers, and washing it all down with a tall glass of Coke (I can imagine my boyfriend’s disappointment reading this answer). God forbid my mom would ever catch me ingesting such “garbage”, as she calls it. She would chastise me and inflict such guilt that I would most likely regurgitate every single bite till my body felt empty again. Okay, I am exaggerating, but for me, eating this type of food involves a lot of self-loathing. Once in a while, though, I can’t resist the temptation to just commit the culinary crime of eating junk food.
The meal I prepared last night was not the healthiest but I am giving myself props for baking the chicken instead of deep frying it – the onions and jalapenos fulfilled my need for saturated fats for the night (maybe even the year). So here is the recipe folks!
Ingredients & Portions:
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Accent (MSG)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 cups of bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 skinless chicken supreme
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Servings: This amount of meat will most likely feed 3-4 people with side dishes.
Cooking Time & Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Make the KFC mix.
3. In one flat bowl beat the eggs and the milk.
4. In another, lay out the breadcrumbs and add the KFC mix and the parmesan.
5. Dip the chicken into the eggs so they are well covered.
6. Then transfer them to the breadcrumb bowl and batter them with the mixture evenly.
7. Lay the chicken on a baking sheet, sprinkle the top with a bit of olive oil and cook for 45 minutes.