News Round Up.
June 3, 2010
Here’s a quick round-up of the some of the tastiest bits of food news today. Please enjoy responsibly.
- Canada’s Olympic athletes weren’t the only ones who had a good showing during the 2010 games. Vancouver’s restaurants pulled in record profits.
- A British food minister believes that the U.K. cheese industry should increase exports.
- Numerous companies in the U.S. are doing their bit in the nationwide battle of the bugle: they’re offering incentives to employees who lose weight.
- Ready for the next (potential) health food? It’s everyone’s favorite: CHOCOLATE!.
- The environmental impact of meat has been covered to death, but what about eggs? Slate investigates.
- And finally, BBC News takes a closer look at Malaysia’s outdoor food stalls.